« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: November 30, 2007 Starting Date: January 2, 2008
Position: Manager, Fundraising Services
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer while working closely with all staff, and member organizations, your general responsibilities will include:
• Provide strategic fund development counsel to member sport organizations through Sport BC member services programs,
• Assist member organizations with grass roots support for local fund raising initiatives and/or training,
• Create fund development/fund raising tool kit for member organizations,
• Ensure timely compliance of all activities related to fund raising initiatives of the members,
including donor activation, database management, correspondence et al,
• Provide ongoing direct support for National Sport Trust Fund management and operations, and
BC project(s) compliance directly or via staff reports • Liaise with strategic partners to build capacity and support in the overall sport sector.
From time to time, staff members are requested to assist in the execution of certain Sport BC events or special projects that may not be directly related to their general responsibilities.
1. University degree or equivalent in Business Administration or a related field.
2. CFRE designation, or equivalent, or working towards completion of a recognized fund raising certification program.
3. Demonstrated success and progression in fund raising program development.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills in both oral and written communications.
5. Ability to work in a flexible environment that may include evenings and weekends.
6. Experience with fund raising software programs preferably E-tapestry.
7. Strong computer skills including Microsoft’s Office Suite.
8. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Term: This is a full time position.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2007
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae and covering letter, will be accepted in confidence by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sport BC thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
About Sport BC
Sport BC is non-profit society founded in 1966. Its membership includes over 80 provincial sport and sport-related organizations, representing over 800,000 British Columbians as athletes, coaches, officials, sport management volunteers and staff. As a federation for amateur sport organizations, Sport BC provides leadership, direction and service support to foster the growth and development of amateur sport in British Columbia. Sport BC advocates for increased participation in physical activity and striving towards excellence in all levels of competition.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Type of Position:
Sport BC - Manager, Fundraising Services
1367 W Broadway
Vancouver , BC, Canada