« Back to Jobs Listing
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Application Deadline: December 12, 2012 Starting Date: January 7, 2013
Position: Head Coach, Men's Soccer
The Department of Athletics and Recreation at Kwantlen Polytechnic University invites qualified candidates to apply for the contract position of Head Coach of the Kwantlen Eagles intercollegiate men’s soccer program. The position will commence immediately with the possibility of contract renewal at completion.
Kwantlen Athletics is a team of passionate and dedicated leaders who provide a supportive learning environment for student-athletes so that they are prepared for success in competition, in their studies, and in life. Competing in the Pacific Western Athletic Association (PACWEST) and Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA), the men’s soccer program presents an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Recreation, this part-time contract position is responsible for the identification, recruitment, retention and holistic development of student-athletes, with the goal of executing a nationally competitive intercollegiate men’s soccer program.
Our ideal candidate must be willing to be part of a dynamic team of leaders and educators that is committed to four main outcomes:
1. Foster a winning culture for the men’s soccer program; one that produces championship contending teams and supports the graduation of student-athletes;
2. Increase the connection and involvement of alumni players and members of the community with the men’s soccer program;
3. Provide an outstanding student experience and;
4. Participate in a collegial working environment that promotes meaningful connections between student-athletes, staff and coaches in order to accomplish goals, promote personal growth and have fun.
Qualifications and Experience
• Technical knowledge and ability (minimum Provincial B License or NCCP Level 3)
• Minimum 5 years recent head coach experience (Premier level or Post-secondary)
• Willingness to undergo a criminal record check.
• Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
• Must demonstrate and command a high caliber of sportsmanlike conduct and a commitment to leading the men’s soccer program in alignment with the Eagles program values
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong and effective leadership, organizational and technical skills
• Strong connections and a broad network within the soccer community to support the recruitment of high performance student-athletes
• Demonstrated experience with identifying, recruiting and developing high performance studentathletes
• Must encourage and support student-athlete academic and personal success
• Demonstrated ability developing, organizing and implementing a high performance soccer program for young adults
• Experience leading team fundraising activities
Committed to working in a positive, team based environment that includes six varsity teams and within the guidelines and policies of Kwantlen Polytechnic University, the Athletics department, the PACWEST and CCAA
• Assist with the recruitment and selection of support staff for the men’s soccer program
• Flexible schedule that allows for afternoon/evening practices and weekend travel
• International candidates must have the required authorization from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to live and work in Canada, including the ability to work for Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Please forward your resume, a cover letter that describes in detail how you meet each of the requirements listed in this posting and include three current references (supervisors preferred) by December 12, 2012 to: Elise Le Brun, Director, Athletics and Recreation – Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 12666 72nd Avenue, Surrey, B,C., V3W 2M8 Fax: 604-599-2049 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until a successful candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kwantlen Polytechnic University. However, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Salary Range: $10,000 - $12,000 CAD
Type of Position:
Elise Le Brun
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
12666 72nd Avenue
Surrey , BC, Canada