« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: January 18, 2013 Starting Date: April 1, 2013
Position: Men's Varsity Basketball Head Coach
The NAIT Athletics and Recreation Department invites applicants for the full-time position of Men’s Varsity Basketball Head Coach.
Our intercollegiate teams have established a rich tradition of student-athlete success that ranks NAIT as among the finest intercollegiate programs both in the Alberta Conference (ACAC) and in Canada (CCAA). Because of this, we are confident that NAIT student-athletes develop life skills of teamwork, commitment, discipline, and time-management that are valued throughout their careers.
- Maintaining an active, focused recruiting plan
- Designing a Yearly Training Plan (YTP) program including running practice sessions and scheduling appropriate competitions
- Utilizing appropriate tactical and technical strategies during competition
- Ability to put coaching theory into practice
- Analyzing performance and giving feedback
- Providing appropriate mental and physical conditioning tactics for student-athletes
- Supporting and acting in accordance to the strategic direction and initiatives as they relate to student-athlete support, fundraising, general promotions, budget management, appropriate administrative responsibilities and community and alumni relations
-Ensuring the appropriate academic standards of the student-athletes are monitored and met
Key Personal Attributes are:
- Enthusiasm for the sport
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
-Skill in analyzing the sport
- Patience and determination
- Organizational abilities
- Sensitivity and a supportive manner
- Physical stamina (recommended)
- Ability to develop and revise training and coaching material
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum Bachelor of Kinesiology or related degree, with a Masters’ degree preferred, and five years of coaching experience at the College, University or Professional level. A minimum full certification at the NCCP Level 3 (or equivalent) is required. Professional player participation may be considered in lieu of coaching experience.
Remuneration: Salary range will be up to $67,000 - $94,000 dependent upon education and experience. Please note your salary expectations in your application for a specific position.
Apply online: www.nait.ca/hr/careers
NAIT Human Resources
We thank all applicants for their interest in NAIT as an employer. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $67,000 - $94,000
Type of Position:
NAIT Men's Basketball Head Coaching -job posting-2012- (2).pdf
Edmonton , AB, Canada