« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: February 10, 2013 Starting Date: February 25, 2013
Position: Coordinator, Media & Public Relations
OPPORTUNITY: Coordinator, Media & Public Relations
Report to: Director, Corporate Communications
FULL TIME POSITION:
Start Date: February 2013
Golf Canada - Human Resources
Coordinator, Media & Public Relations
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
Golf Canada is seeking a full-time Coordinator, Media & Public Relations to provide support to the association’s communications, media and public relations initiatives.
This is an opportunity for an entry-level communications professional or recent graduate of a communications or public relations program, to contribute to the Communications Department of Canada’s National Sport Organization for golf.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the Coordinator, Media & Public Relations will support Golf Canada’s communication initiatives by:
• Assisting with communications, media and public relations activities (i.e. media releases, writing & editing articles, backgrounders, editorial for print & online, news conferences, special events, etc.)
• Providing editorial and proofreading support to internal Golf Canada departments
• Developing media opportunities to promote Golf Canada programs & services as well as profiling key Golf Canada staff and volunteers
• Managing media and public relations initiatives for Golf Canada’s national amateur championships
• Providing communications support for Canada’s national amateur golf team (Team Canada)
• Providing communications support for Golf Canada’s professional championships (RBC Canadian Open & CN Canadian Women’s Open)
• Fostering relationships with Canadian media (national/local/golf/sport/non-sport)
• Contributing to social media activities
• Providing communications support to Golf Canada online properties
• Supporting events, representing Golf Canada, and other essential/operational duties as required.
• Post secondary education at the university or college level in Communications, Media Relations, Journalism, Public Relations or a directly related area.
• Proficient in all areas of corporate communications including strong verbal and written communications; demonstrated organizational skills; well-developed computer skills including all MS Office programs; experience in desktop publishing and multimedia; and social media savvy.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to take on tasks at all levels; an eagerness to learn; a commitment to communications excellence; and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience in a marketing/communications environment as well as in dealing with the media and the public would be welcome.
• Bilingualism (English/French) and golf knowledge are considered an asset.
Golf Canada will interview up to five (5) candidates. Applicants are asked to forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail to the above contact by 5:00 pm, Sunday, February 10, 2013. Golf Canada thanks all applicants for their interest but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Salary Range: TBD
Type of Position:
1-1333 Dorval Dr
Oakville , ON, Canada