« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: February 21, 2013 Starting Date: February 21, 2013
Position: Part Time Cashier (General) - Sport Chek (Pine Centre)
Inspiring Canadians to live active healthy lives. The inspiration begins with you.
At Sport Chek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
As a Cashier, you are the first and last point of contact for our customers. You are the first person customers see when entering the store and the last person customers will remember when exiting. It’s your responsibility to leave a lasting positive impression.
Who you are.
Well, for starters, you’re friendly, energetic, and enjoy talking to people. Whether you’re handling a return or making a sale, you demonstrate a “no problem” attitude when dealing with customers and do everything possible to make sure the customer shopping experience is a positive one. You are responsible for delivering excellent service to every customer - whether you are processing purchases, returns, exchanges, or general inquiries. It also requires you to possess good math skills and the ability to keep a balanced till.
What you’ll do.
• Greet and interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner
• Ensure all transactions are rung through in a timely fashion
• Handle complaints, exchanges and returns in a professional manner
• Assist customers with general inquiries
• Keep a balanced till and clean workspace
What you’ll get.
• Competitive salary
• Discounts on all the latest gear
• A fun, fast paced environment
• Hands-on training
What you bring.
• High School education
• Previous customer service experience is an asset (but no related cashier experience is required)
• Positive work attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Good math and problem solving skills
• Previous cash handling experience is an asset
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s only national big box sporting goods retailers, with over 130 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live active healthy lives? Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: To be determined
Type of Position:
3115 Massey Drive
Prince George , Canada