« Back to Jobs Listing
Nepean Skating Club
Application Deadline: March 8, 2013 Starting Date: April 1, 2013
Position: Sports Programming and Promotions Officer
The Nepean Skating Club, a Skate Canada sanctioned organization, is looking for an individual to join our office that will bring a background in sports management, promotion and operations to our strong and growing organization.
The Nepean Skating Club’s mission is to provide quality skating programs for all levels of skaters, recreational to competitive, in which the skills of each skater are developed to their highest potential. The club has been operating since 1965 and has a membership of over 1200 skaters.
• Responsible for the marketing of the club to current and potential participants, volunteer engagement and media and government relations
• Lead the development of club’s online presence, including social media activities
• Seek out opportunities to develop the club’s programming and coaching engagement
• Develop and manage fundraising and boutique initiatives and other items as required for the smooth operation of the club
• Organize and support the club’s hospitality initiatives (e.g., send-off events, annual banquet, etc.)
• Plan and organize an annual ice festival event at the Club and other tasks as required for the smooth operation of the Club
• Beneficial have l if you an academic background in sports administration/sports marketing.
• Superior communication and customer service skills • Competency with a computer, including all Microsoft Office applications is beneficial
• It is beneficial if the candidate has experience and knowledge of figure skating as set out by Skate Canada
The Part-time (approx. 25 hrs a week), permanent position starting April 1, 2013 in west end of Ottawa, Ontario – one of the most beautiful capitals in the world for work and play. The organization is operational year round yet shifts hours to a reduced obligation in the summer and is flexible in the scheduling.
We thank all participants in advance and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $23.00 hr
Type of Position:
Nepean Skating Club
1701 Woodroffe Ave
Ottawa , ON, Canada