« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: March 1, 2013
Position: Executive Director
Salto Gymnastics is located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, just 15 minutes east of Edmonton and in Alberta’s heartland. We are a rapidly expanding non-profit gymnastics center with a base of more than 2,000 recreational and 40 competitive and developmental athletes. Salto has seen an increase of 20-30 % in enrolment and we are currently looking for an Executive Director to lead this busy, community-based gymnastics organization.
• Minimum five year progressive experience with a demonstrated track record in the area of people management, strategic decision-making skills and financial management.
• Demonstrated leadership role in business or the non-profit sector with the ability to articulate a vision
• Excellent interpersonal skills essential to dealing effectively with a diverse group of engaged stakeholders
• A track record of creating healthy workplaces with engaged, motivated staff
• Demonstrated expertise in the development of policies and plans in support of programming, special events and fundraising.
• Proven human resource, financial management and administration skills
• Strong strategic planning and organizational abilities
• Superior verbal and written communication skills – media experience is an asset
• Knowledge and experience in the areas of gymnastics coaching and administration or youth is an asset
• Education or degree in sport management, sport sciences, non-profit or business administration is a valued asset
Under the direction of the Salto Gymnastics Board of Directors, the successful candidate will oversee all operations and achieve the goals and objectives of the organization. The Board looks to the Executive Director to provide initiative, leadership, and strategic vision within the organization.
• Lead, develop, coach and mentor a team of seven direct reports
• Formulate, champion and implement strategic direction for club development
• Advise, recommend and guide Board of Directors on initiatives and issues as they relate to operations.
• Ensures Due Diligence is carried out in all areas of risk management as it relates to the organization
• Recommend, establish and annually review policies and procedures to be approved by the Board in keeping with the overall objectives of the organization
• Assess short and long term financial needs and recommend appropriate courses of action
• In conjunction with the Treasurer, draft and monitor the annual operating budget and report regularly to the Board on the organization’s financial situation • Identify and pursue all appropriate revenue sources, fundraising, government grants and sponsorship opportunities
• Liaise with Board appointed committees related to fundraising, sponsorship and events
• Administer the recruitment, training, staff development and performance management process for all direct reports and ensure evaluations are carried out on all other staff.
• Develop and maintain professional liaisons with the community, County of Strathcona, Alberta Gymnastics Federation, the Chamber of Commerce, government and other agencies in support of areas of mutual concern
• A more detailed job description is available.
This is a full time salaried position. Hours are flexible, but must be able to attend evening meetings and Board meetings, periodically each month. Attendance at special events is also expected.
Salary range $55,000 - $70,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Includes benefits.
Deadline: March 1, 2013
Send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to:
President, Salto Gymnastics
Or drop off at Salto Gymnastics, 2025 Oak Street, Sherwood Park, AB. Attention: Stephanie Hoppus
We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
Type of Position:
ED job Description
2025 Oak Street
Sherwood Park , AB