« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: March 7, 2013 Starting Date: April 1, 2013
Position: Track & Road Program Coordinator
The Track and Road Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the delivery of both Track and Road High Performance and development programs. The Track and Road Program Coordinator will partner with the National Track and Road coaches to support the High Performance objectives and delivery of the approved quadrennial plan and annual High Performance plan as defined by the High Performance Director. The Track and Road Program Coordinator will give technical assistance to the Competition Coordinator to ensure the successful implementation of the national Track and Road championships.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• In support to the National coaches, coordinate the planning and execution of all logistical arrangements
• Ensure adequate track and road program financial monitoring
• Assist the High Performance Manager and Track and Road Head Coaches in the development and implementation of selection policies and AAP carding criteria
• Act as team manager for designated projects
• Ensure the delivery of clothing and equipment from the national office and keep an accurate inventory of this equipment
• Liaise with P/TSO counterparts to ensure integration with CC high performance programs
• Assist Competition Coordinator on technical matters to ensure optimal Track and Road Canadian Championships delivery.
Knowledge and Skills
CC is looking for bilingual candidates that have general knowledge of the Canadian sport system and specific knowledge in the cycling sports and/or Track and Road discipline specific knowledge. The position calls for superior planning, logistical and communication skills. The Track and Road Coordinator needs to have multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint). A post secondary education with a degree in sport administration or business administration would be an asset.
In addition, the following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• The ability to work with coaches and athletes
• Knowledge and experience delivering programs and activities
• The ability to monitor budgets
• The ability to create documents supporting the programs
Salary Range: $ 48,000 - $ 60,000
Type of Position:
Job Description Track - Road Coordinator
203 - 2197 Riverside Drive
Ottawa , ON, Canada