« Back to Jobs Listing
PacificSport Northern BC
Application Deadline: March 28, 2013 Starting Date: April 15, 2013
Position: Executive Director
Reporting to the Board of Directors for PacificSport Northern BC, the Executive Director must be passionate about the development of sport and physical literacy in northern British Columbia and committed to developing opportunities in alignment with the Canadian Sport for Life framework for the region. The Executive Director will be responsible for leading, advising and supervising all long-term and day-to-day activities associated with PacificSport Northern BC.
PacificSport Northern BC (PSNBC) is a non-profit society with a mandate to provide high quality resources and services to the people and communities in northern BC that align with the CS4L Framework, the Canadian Sport Policy 2012 and the Provincial Sport Policy. PSNBC works collaboratively with multiple partners to provide opportunities to those living in northern BC to experience the benefits of sport and physical activity.
• Lead the delivery of the organization’s strategic plan and accountability framework
• Maintain partnerships essential to the success of the organization
• Oversee program delivery to ensure adherence to risk management protocols and standards
• Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies
• Oversee the financial management of the organization
• Recruit, manage and develop staff to ensure effective program delivery
• Direct the piloting of innovative programs designed to improve physical literacy, develop coaches and enhance athlete performance
• Build capacity with organizations through partnerships and networks to strengthen the services & support for sport in northern BC
• Assist the Board of Directors by providing regular updates as well as organize and prepare agendas and meeting materials for Board meetings and working committees
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field
• Five plus years of management and administration experience
• Good knowledge of Risk Management principles
• Previous work experience with non-profit organization an asset
• Knowledge of the Canadian sport system
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and organize multiple concurrent projects with changing priorities and deadlines
Conditions of Employment:
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
• Travel throughout communities in northern BC is required
• Provision of a criminal record check and driver’s abstract
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org (cite ‘HR Committee - ED’ in the subject line) or by mail to PacificSport Northern BC, c/o Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre, 3333 University Way, Prince George, BC V2N 4Z9. We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Type of Position:
Executive Director Job Posting
PacificSport Northern BC
3333 University Way
Prince George , BC