« Back to Jobs Listing
Cross Country Canada
Application Deadline: March 29, 2013 Starting Date: April 30, 2013
Position: Assistant Administrator
Looking for an exciting and dynamic team to work with? You have found the right place! Cross Country Canada is the National Sport Organization for cross-country skiing in Canada and is currently seeking to fill the position of Assistant Administrator leading up to Sochi 2014 and beyond.
1. Position Title. Assistant Administrator (AA).
2. Reporting Structure. The Assistant Administrator reports and is responsible and accountable directly to the Director of Administration and Communication (DAC). In addition, the Assistant Administrator will be responsive to the Director of Events (DE).
3. General Scope of Responsibilities
1) Assisting the DAC with the general administration of the Association, with specific responsibility on accounting and clerical functions, website management and E-store administration;
2) Other projects and tasks as assigned.
4. Specific Responsibilities. The specific responsibilities of the Assistant Administrator shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1) General Administration. Specific duties include:
1) Occasionally, providing secretarial support for meetings and travel of Board, Management Committee and staff members, and filing of key documents as needed;
2) Assisting with general office functions, to include answering general inquiries and directing incoming correspondence (mail, email, and telephone), ensuring that receipt is acknowledged;
3) Assisting with the shipping and receiving of material, in support of coach and athlete development programs and CCC store;
4) Issuing tax receipts for approved fundraising projects in accordance with CCC’s Charitable Donations Policy;
5) Assisting with financial management duties including A/P and A/R functions with Simply Accounting;
6) Assisting with weekly reconciliations of Moneris sales transactions;
7) Assisting with monthly reconciliations of the Association’s credit card statements.
8) Maintaining CCC’s club database updated and current, and;
9) Upkeep of Annual National & Volunteer Awards.
2) General Communications Support. Specific duties include:
1) Updating CCC’s website general content;
2) Updating CCC’s Twitter and Facebook pages upon request;
3) Distribution of the CCC monthly electronic newsletter “Cross Connections” in both English and French;
4) Managing the CCC Media library (back-up when the Marketing Coordinator is away);
3) Merchandise Responsibilities. Specific duties include:
1) Fulfillment of CCC store orders:
(i) Track orders through telephone, e-mails and the CCC Store website;
(ii) Attend to walk-in CCC store customers;
(iii) Package and ship orders; and
(iv) Track and update inventory of merchandise;
4) Events Support
1) Update Race Calendar;
2) CCC and FIS Race License Management;
3) Assisting with Technical Package updates and events bidding processes;
4) Acting as a liaison with the Event Organizing Committee, including shipping and receiving;
5) Assisting with the management of Officials Certification records.
5. General Expectations. The Assistant Administrator is expected to:
a. Prioritize tasks and strive to achieve high standards in terms of quality and timeliness of all work products;
b. Establish productive working relationships with other CCC staff;
c. Contribute to the creation and projection of a CCC image characterized by inclusiveness, integrity, reliability, respect, courtesy, openness and commitment to excellence; and
d. Ensure that all activities are closely coordinated with those of other staff so that a seamless and productive team environment is created.
Type of Position:
Cross Country Canada
1995-Olympic Way, Suite 100
Canmore , AB, Canada
Tel. 403-678-6791 ext. 36