« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: March 30, 2013 Starting Date: May 6, 2013
Position: Sport Performance Intern
Basketball BC is the Provincial Sports Organization for basketball in British Columbia. Located in Langley, Basketball BC is a not-for-profit organization which is dedicated to developing lifelong passions for our sport and growing the great game throughout the province.
The Sport Performance Program Intern will report directly to the Manager for Sport Performance, assisting in the day-to-day operations of the department. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting in the planning and organizing of programming tryouts, camp, training and competitions, Centre for/de Performance – Regional Training Centre (CP), Athlete Assistance, Provincial Team programming and other various ongoing programs and tasks.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess excellent organization and implementation skills.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, be detail oriented, work independently, maintain tight schedules and work flexible hours.
• Present a professional attitude in dealing with the team members, sponsors and the public.
• Possess a basic understanding of the sport of basketball.
• Assist in the daily operation of the Sport Performance Program.
• Assist in the operation, coordination and execution of the association’s Girl’s and Boy’s Provincial Team programs.
• Assist with control, distribution and inventory of all apparel and equipment used in the Elite programs.
• Based on potential needs for the Sport Performance Program database system (e.g. athlete profiles, athlete identification, and equipment), conduct research of management information systems.
• Assist with communication to athletes, coaches, and team staff.
• Act as a resource to the basketball and sport community for information on the details regarding the Sport Performance Program and Provincial teams
• Assist with Regional and Provincial tryouts, training camps, competitions and various other special events.
• Assist in the coordination and logistics of all provincial team travel and tournament participation.
• Assist and provide support to other members of the Basketball BC staff as requested.
The duration of this position is 16 weeks.
Salary Range: $13.00 per Hour
Type of Position:
Summer / Student
210-7888 - 200th Street
Langley , V2Y 3J4
Tel. (604) 455-2810