« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: April 5, 2013 Starting Date: May 15, 2013
Position: Assistant Coach, National Training Centre – Atlantic
CanoeKayak Canada – Sprint is one of Canada’s leading summer sport organizations with a proven track record of success in international competition, producing 24 Olympic medals since 1936. In partnership with the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic, CanoeKayak Canada (CKC) is searching for an Assistant Coach to work as part of the National Development Program out of the National Training Centre – Atlantic in the Halifax area.
In the National Training Centre – Atlantic, the coach will work in collaboration with National Team coaches, provincial and club coaches. He or she will also be responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of the National Senior and Junior talent development programs across Canada.
Job details and responsibilities:
• Work as a National Development coach in collaboration with all senior national team coaches.
• Working in collaboration with club coaches, head the development of athletes in the discipline of Senior Development Men’s Kayak. Set and implement the program’s technical direction, ensure coordination of individual and group training, prepare and select athletes for international competition.
• In collaboration with Atlantic Division club coaches, help progress Senior National Development Men’s Kayak athletes towards the senior Gold Medal Profile.
• Monitor senior national development and junior talent development program athletes in the Atlantic Division
• Collaborate with the sport science team at the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic
• Work with the National Training Centre – Atlantic head coach to coordinate group training at the Centre
• Work in collaboration with the Atlantic Division Regional Coach to provide coach mentorship, outreach and transfer of knowledge to club coaches working with late train-to-train and train-to-compete athletes in the Long Term Athlete Development Pathway
• Contribute to coach development and potentially education delivery in collaboration with the Atlantic Division Regional Coach
• Commitment to continual further coaching education and professional development, aimed at increasing high performance coaching knowledge and advancement within the CKC coaching ranks, is part of the contractual agreement.
• Travel to warm weather training camps and international competitions with the senior development program as required by the National Team program
• Minimum NCCP Competition Development “certified” status or equivalent
• Proven ability in the technical application of a training and competition plan, as well as management skills.
• Proven experience and success in transitioning junior athletes to the senior competitive ranks.
• Proven effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated networking and collaboration skills to develop, maintain and improve partnerships
• Capacity to identify and select potential elite athletes
• NCCP Learning Facilitator certification is considered an asset
• Previous experience in producing international level athletes and / or National team athletes
• The ability to work in both official languages
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications will be confidential.
Applications (cover letter and resume) are to be forwarded electronically by April 5, 2013, 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time to:
Scott Logan, High Performance Director, email@example.com and Peter Niedre, Director of Coach and Athlete Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are expected to be conducted mid-April with an anticipated start date of May 15.
For more information please visit www.canoekayak.ca
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. CanoeKayak Canada promotes Employment Equity. This position is made possible through partnerships with Own the Podium and the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic.
Assistant Coach, National Training Centre – Atlantic,
Entraîneur adjoint, Centre national d’entraînement – Atlantique
2197 Riverside Drive
Ottawa , ON, Canada
Tel. (902) 499-9984