« Back to Jobs Listing
Alberta Triathlon Association
Application Deadline: April 12, 2013
Position: Executive Director
Alberta Triathlon Association (ATA), the Provincial Sport Governing Body for triathlon in Alberta is currently seeking an individual to fill the new position of Executive Director. This administrative/field position is designed to execute all directives set of by its Board of Directors, make recommendations to the Board, manage all staff and evaluate ATA policy.
The ATA is offering a full time position at 40 hours per week (which will vary from week to week) that will be located in Edmonton, Alberta and therefore the candidate must already reside or be willing to reside in Edmonton, Alberta. This position reports directly to the Board of Director’s Executive Committee – President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
a. Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community.
b. Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as budgets, grant proposals, personnel records, or training manuals.
c. Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers.
d. Evaluate the work of staff, race directors, technical delegates and volunteers in order to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
e. Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors.
f. Participate, in conjunction with the board of directors, in the determining organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
g. Research and analyse member or community needs in order to determine program directions.
h. Speak to community groups and schools to explain the sport of triathlon and interpret ATA purposes, programs, and policies.
i. Represent the association in relations with governmental and media institutions.
j. Analyze proposed legislation, regulations, or rule changes in order to determine how ATA services could be impacted.
k. Develop the preparation of public relations materials including the ATA website.
l. To maintain an inventory control system for all ATA equipment and ensure that equipment is made available to race directors and others in timely fashion and to collect all rental fees;
m. To ensure the race directors are provided will all necessary information in a timely manner
n. Responsible for managing the Alberta Triathlon Association brand and ensuring the sport information requirements and needs of the media and the sports governing body are met.
o. To coordinate the dissemination of information between the board and its committees, the editor of the ATA e-newsletter, and others charged with keeping the membership or the public aware of the ATA activities;
p. Supervise the ATA bookkeeper and aid with all bank accounts, invoices and general ledger in conjunction with the bookkeeper, treasurer and financial committee;
• Must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma (post secondary degree is preferred)
• Must have at least 3 years of experience working in an administrative sport setting
• Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors • Must have access to a vehicle
• Triathlon experience of will be considered an asset
• Must have excellent computer skills
• Must be a self-starter, with the ability to complete tasks unsupervised and continually look for work that will benefit the ATA
• Ability to maintain an inventory control system for all ATA event equipment
• Excellent organizational skills that facilitate accurate record keeping and tracking
• Excellent verbal and oral communication and facilitation skills.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
• Ability to work in a multi-focused environment and respond effectively to requests for support.
• Ability to work as a team player in a volunteer-based organization.
• Ability to produce polished communication in written English
• Willingness to work extended hours and weekends in the peak periods of the season.
a. Prioritize tasks and strive to achieve high standard in terms of quality and timeliness of all work products;
b. Contribute to the creation and projection of an ATA image characterized by inclusiveness, integrity, reliability, respect, courtesy, openness and commitment to excellence;
c. Promote ATA’s core values, programs and materials
d. Establish strong and productive relationships with the ATA staff and board of director members, thereby improving communication, and enhancing credibility and effectiveness of the Association.
This position is a full time position at the Alberta Triathlon Association that will roughly encompass a work schedule of 40 hours per week. During the summer months, hours of work may vary depending on events including weekends and nights.
All expenses will be reimbursed as per ATA guidelines which will be discussed at the interview stage.
Salary for this position will begin at $55,000 and will have to potential to grow based on performance goals achieved. Please send a resume, cover letter, and references by April 3, 2013:
Alberta Triathlon Association c/o Outgoing Executive Director: email@example.com
Salary Range: $55,000 Annually to start
Type of Position:
Alberta Triathlon Association
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton , E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org