« Back to Jobs Listing
Coaching Association of Canada
Application Deadline: May 3, 2013
Position: Communications Coordinator
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
As a key member of the Sales & Marketing Team, the Communications Coordinator will develop, enhance, and monitor the Association’s overall communications strategy. Working with the Marketing & Communications Manager, this position will identify, develop, implement, and measure unique, engaging, and collaborative communication channels and tools to cater to our different audiences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating communications strategies and plans aligned with the Association’s strategic plan.
• Research, write, and edit a variety of communications content including: newsletters, announcements, online copy, articles, news releases, presentation materials, and other as required;
• Monitor traditional media coverage for stories and issues.
Website Maintenance & Development:
• Monitor and update the CAC’s bilingual website – coach.ca.
• Act as a key contributor and idea generator for all current and new social media initiatives.
• Proactively seek media coverage for newsworthy initiatives;
• Develop press releases, fact sheets, and backgrounders;
• Appropriately respond to media requests as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise;
• Minimum three years relevant experience in communications;
• Strong competency in social media strategy, content development, and media monitoring;
• Excellent writing ability and experience in content development for a variety of mediums; • Experience with website content management systems essential; • Experience working with local, provincial, or national sport organizations an asset;
• Bilingualism (English, French) an asset.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and best practices related to internal and external communications;
• Ability to develop and monitor timelines and development plans to achieve project goals and responsibilities;
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to establish credibility and trust quickly with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Ability to think innovatively, strategically, and critically – have excellent judgment and be comfortable working in a changing environment;
• Must be a strong team player, willing to play a supportive role to the senior management team;
• Possess project management skills and business acumen, with the ability to monitor timelines and development plans required to achieve goals and responsibilities;
• Skill in the use of image editing software like Photoshop;
• Demonstrated passion for sport or physical activity considered an asset.
If you have a passion for sport and telling a good story, then please send your resume, cover letter with salary expectations, and a portfolio of your work by May 3, 2013 to:
Manager of Marketing & Communications
All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.
Type of Position:
Coaching Association of Canada
141 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 300
Ottawa , ON, Canada