« Back to Jobs Listing
Ontario Public Service
Application Deadline: May 14, 2013
Position: Policy Advisors
• one permanent
• one temporary (up to 12 months)
Showcase your strong research, analytical and evaluation skills and consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. This position is responsible for policy development activities through the research, analysis and development of policy options and new approaches, which promote the sport, physical activity and recreation sectors in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• conduct, lead and/or act as a team member and assign projects for the development of policy research initiatives, strategies and options
• monitor and identify trends (e.g. social, economic, cultural and political), issues, areas of concern and opportunity, especially emerging initiatives of other ministries
• analyze and review inter-ministerial policy proposals, gather relevant research and information including socio-demographic and sectoral analyses, environmental scanning and needs assessment activities
• prepare and present findings, reports and supporting documents for proposed policy and program initiatives • participate in the issues identification and management process, identifying upcoming issues and ensuring the proper notes are prepared
• research and analyze priority issues and prepare briefing notes, briefing binders, issue sheets and correspondence
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
• you have knowledge of municipal and community recreational services and programs
• you have knowledge of current issues faced by sport, physical activity and recreation sectors
• you have knowledge of policy development and research and evaluation techniques to participate on branch projects
• you have the ability to become familiar with the programs, policies and legislative authorities of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Analytical and Teamwork:
• you can participate in issues management, policy projects and environmental scanning, modelling and forecasting
• you can work in a project-oriented environment
Communication and Consultation Skills:
• you can represent the ministry on inter-ministerial committees
• you can prepare and present policy program papers
• you have knowledge of data management and report preparation
• As a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013 and the job code identified in this posting is subject to revision. In the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position has not yet been determined.
Salary range: $69,279.00 – $88,440.00 per year
Please apply online, by May 14, 2013, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 53561 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Type of Position: