« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: June 3, 2013
Position: Manager, Fitness Centre & Training Services
Located in the heart of downtown and set in the middle of beautiful Lindsay Park, Talisman Centre has been voted the “Best Fitness Facility in Calgary” for ten consecutive years (by Fast Forward Magazine readers), and recognized as a leader in facility operations, enhancement projects and leading edge programs by our peers. Our focus on delivering an exciting atmosphere and a wide spectrum of world-class training and competition services for our high performance athletes, diverse customer base and dedicated membership has made us a leading destination for Calgarians of all ages and abilities.
What’s In It for You
• Competitive, taking into consideration education and experience
• Flexible and comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, short and long term disability, health spending account & RRSP matching program
• Free facility membership for you and a family member, plus a variety of free and discounted programs and services
• Free on-site parking and close to the C-Train
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director of Programs & Services, the Fitness Centre and Training Services Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
• Recruit, train, performance manage and reward Fitness Consultants, Personal Trainers and Fitness Equipment Maintenance employees as per HR best practice and procedures.
• Coordinate and deliver job specific training for new hires.
• Backfill for frontline positions as required.
• Lead, coach, mentor and empower employees to effectively and proactively manage capitalizing on opportunity and operational challenges while providing exceptional service.
• Establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive, collaborative and respectful working environment.
• Rotate monthly within the Fire Warden role.
• Support the Fitness Centre Team on-site during weekend, evening and daytime events.
• Provide the Programs & Services Director with customer feedback, system enhancements, recruitment needs, training and development needs, ideas for rewards and recognition, new programs/services and on-going quality improvement.
• Audit the performance of each Personal Trainer on a regular basis and provide support and guidance as required.
• Update and maintain training manuals on policies, procedures and programs, reviewing current procedures and bringing forward ideas for new policy implementations
• Work a minimum of two evenings per week and two weekends per month, combined with regular day-time business hours, to a total of forty hours per week
• Other duties as required by the Programs & Services Director
What You Need
• Completed post-secondary degree with preference given to Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology Sport Administration or Sport Management. Related programs may be considered. Masters level education is highly desirable.
• CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) are required prior to commencement.
• Preference given to candidates with current certification(s) in CEP, AFLCA, CanFitPro, CSEP, CSCS or other exercise and training certifications.
• Additional certifications in leadership and/or conflict resolution are highly desirable.
• Possess strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow adaptability to a variety of stakeholders.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, have working knowledge of word processing and data base software and have the ability to navigate the web.
• Previous experience using the CLASS system is considered an asset.
• Personal accountability for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities, and an appreciation for customer service excellence.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must be an engaging, high-energy, ambitious and driven professional who thrives in a dynamic, customer-focused and customer-facing environment.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a minimum of five to seven years of experience in a supervisory and administrative position with a proven ability to establish and maintain an environment of trust and empowerment. The Fitness Centre and Training Services Manager will be capable in building strategic working relationships, delegating, managing and monitoring work. He/she will lead by example, build a successful team, align performance with success, coach, plan, organize, and work well through conflict.
Type of Position:
Manager - Fitness Centre & Training Services - April 2013.pdf
2225 MacLeod Trail S
Calgary , AB, Canada