« Back to Jobs Listing
Cross Country Canada
Application Deadline: May 22, 2013 Starting Date: June 15, 2013
Position: Manager of Coaching Development
Cross Country Canada (CCC), the National Sport Organization for cross-country skiing in Canada, is currently seeking to fill the position of Manager of Coaching Development (MCD).
The successful candidate will preferably work out of the national office which is located in Canmore, Alberta, but the main working location is negotiable.
The MCD is responsible for the management and leadership of CCC’s coaching development system. The primary focus of this position will be the ongoing development and delivery of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) for the sport of cross-country skiing.
A successful candidate should possess:
• Post-secondary education in Sport Administration, Physical and Health Education, Business or a combination of related education and experience;
• Excellent knowledge of the National Coaching Certification Program, including coach, learning facilitator and evaluator training;
• Thorough understanding of CCC’s Long Term Athlete Development Guide and Matrix;
• The ability to lead projects, supervise staff or contractors and work as a team player in a volunteer-based organization;
• Adequate computer skills in all Microsoft software programs and graphics software and have website content management skills;
• The ability to work with a high degree of independence;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently;
• The ability to produce polished communication in written and oral form in English (essential) and French (highly desirable);
• NCCP training in cross-country skiing;
• Current NCCP (new system) Learning Facilitator training in cross-country skiing (preferred)
• Willingness and availability to work some overtime and weekends on occasion;
As a full-time employee, the MCD will be eligible for employee benefits in accordance with CCC’s employee benefits policy. Starting salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Applications should be in the form of a letter of application, with CV and three references, submitted by e-mail to:
Cross Country Canada/Ski de fond Canada, c/o Cathy Sturgeon, Director – Administration and Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to receive applications and references is May 22nd 2013.
Cross Country Canada would like to fill this position for mid-June 2013.
CCC is an equal opportunity employer. This position is financially supported in part by Sport Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position:
Cross Country Canada
1995 Olympic Way, Suite 100
Canmore , AB, Canada