« Back to Jobs Listing
Application Deadline: February 3, 2014 Starting Date: March 1, 2014
Position: Marketing & Communications Manager
Volleyball BC is a non-profit organization that actively encourages participation and fosters the development of Volleyball in BC.
We are looking for a qualified, enthusiastic individual to lead the integrated marketing and communications efforts of the organization to increase the profile of the sport, increase participation in BC and connect with the Volleyball BC members and the rest of the volleyball community. The position will also be responsible for maintaining and developing new partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
The successful candidate will be an outgoing, articulate individual who is used to working in a team atmosphere. He/she must be available to work weekends and evenings as well as regular office hours. Our offices are located at the Harry Jerome Sports Centre in Burnaby, BC home to six volleyball courts dedicated to adult and youth recreational and competitive play.
POSITION TYPE: Full time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday February 3rd, 2014
• Post-Secondary Education and/or experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and on a team with little supervision
• Possess a proven record of successful integrated marketing & communications campaigns
• 3 years of communications and/or experience - preferably in sports
• Strategic thinker, strong executer
• Excellent working knowledge of current software including Excel, WordPress, Outlook, Word, Access, Power Point, Photoshop
• Graphic design experience would be an asset
1. Raise the profile of Volleyball BC in and around BC.
2. Service volleyball community and membership with regular communication.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To create and implement an on-going integrated marketing & communications plan for the organization that fully aligns public relations, sponsorship & promotions, web and social media with a long-lens strategic outlook, as well as day-to-day editorial management.
2. To maintain all website activities including, but not limited to, content creation, main page daily editorials, and all content input from all staff members.
3. Develop and execute a calendar to organize direct-to-consumer editorial strategy. Content creation for e-newsletters, social media and daily news stories.
4. Spokespeople management including media and message training.
5. Maintain ongoing communication with all of the organizations members and key stakeholders through all forms of communication devices.
6. Generate revenue through building and maintaining partnerships and creating a sponsorship package for the organization and special events.
7. Material development including web content, press releases, media kits, briefing materials and social media content.
8. Reporting and analysis of media coverage, web metrics and event results.
9. Develop and maintain a network of media and execute media relations.
10. Forge strong relationships within the organization and throughout the volleyball community to curate and develop new and relevant content.
START DATE: March 1st, 2014 (Negotiable depending upon current work situation)
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME, COVER LETTER, BRIEF COMMUNICATIONS PLAN (Maximum 2 pages) FOR THE ORGANIZATION, AND TWO PIECES OF WRITTEN EDITORIAL WORK WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS TO:
7564 Barnet Highway
Burnaby, BC V5A 1E7
Type of Position:
7564 Barnet Hwy
Burnaby , BC, Canada