« Back to Jobs Listing
Toronto 2015 The Pan Am/Parapan Am Organizing Committee
Application Deadline: April 29, 2014
Position: Coordinator, Mapping
Number of Direct Reports
The Coordinator, Mapping/GIS is an important role to the overall success of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games (‘TO2015’) and its day-to-day operations. The incumbent will join the Transportation Engineering and Geomatics team where their primary function will be to produce mapping products for the Transportation team and the wider organization. These could include high quality cartographic products for publication or cloud mapping based solutions for operational planning. The Coordinator, Mapping/GIS will assist the Manager, Mapping with the various mapping requirements and provide content management of the TO2015 online mapping tool. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Production of various mapping products (e.g. publications, schematics, etc…) using the TO2015 mapping style and cartographic standards.
• Support the Transport Department in the development of process flow charts.
• Help develop and maintain a library of maps and flow charts.
• Work with the Manager, Mapping in the development of mapping projects within the framework of the Transportation operational planning process.
• Development of online web map applications for internal planning use and external sites.
• Provide support to TO2015 users around the online mapping capability.
• Administration and support of the Web Map Service for TO2015 staff and stakeholders.
• Creation and Maintenance of all datasets in line with metadata standard ISO19115-2003.
• Provide user training to internal stakeholders in the use of mapping technologies.
• Digitize and georectify any required data.
• Manage TO2015 spatial data including metadata and currency.
• Undertake network analysis of routes to provide routing instructions for client groups as required.
• Creation of any maps required as per production schedule.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• All levels of staff and management within TO2015
• Pan Am/Para Pan Am Transportation Team
• Integrated Mapping Working Group
• GIS contacts across municipalities, emergency services and other stakeholders with spatial data requirements.
• Other groups/organisations as required by the role.
• Degree or Diploma in Geomatics or a related discipline with practical use of GIS tools as part of the course success requirements.
• Good working knowledge of Adobe creative suite or any other graphical manipulation software to a publishing output quality.
• Experience working on a major event beneficial.
• Technical understanding of ISO19115-2003 and its relevance.
• Rapid and high quality production level cartographic skills.
• Experience with the use of ESRI GIS tools including ArcGIS Online for organizations.
• Experience with the use of AutoCAD
• Experience with the use of MS Visio an asset.
• Experience with or good understanding of transportation planning and/or operations an asset.
• Highly capable visual communicator coupled with excellent oral, written and communication skills.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate highly technical concepts to users with no technical background.
• Patient and considerate to support training users on new systems during high pressure situations.
• Experience in the use of mapping, online data collection and knowledge management portals during a major event.
• Ability to balance competing priorities during periods of high stress.
• Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills.
• Attention to detail and a strong customer service focus are essential.
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery an asset.
• Proven ability to work as a part of a team.
TO2015 is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
If you wish to apply for this position, please visit the “Get Involved Now!” section of our website www.toronto2015.org, to upload your resume and complete the application process. You may access French or Spanish versions of this posting by selecting these languages when you first enter our website.
***Please note: This position closes on 04/29/2014***